Home remedies for cough – A cough is a sudden and often repetitively occurring, protective reflex, which helps to clear the large breathing passages from fluids. Frequent coughing usually indicates the presence of a disease. Many viruses and bacteria benefit. A cough can be the result of a respiratory tract infection such as the common cold, acute bronchitis, pneumonia, pertussis, or tuberculosis. In the vast majority of cases, acute coughs coughs shorter than 3 weeks, are due to the common cold.
Honey is a time-honored remedy for a sore throat. According to one study, it can also relieve coughs more effectively than over-the-counter medicines that contain dextromethorphan (DM), a cough suppressant.
How can I get rid of naturally ?
- Adding Honey, Ginger Juice 1 spoon and turmeric powder a pinch with Warm Milk and Warm drink will control the couch immediately.
- Mixing up to 2 teaspoons of honey with herbal tea or warm water and lemon. The honey does the soothing, while the lemon juice can help with congestion.
- Take Hot chicken soup with Pepper will control cough
- Pineapple is a best remedy for cough, bromelain an enzyme found only in the stem and fruit of pineapples can help suppress coughs as well as loosen the mucus in your throat. To enjoy the most benefits of pineapple and bromelain, eat a slice of pineapple or drink 3.5 ounces of fresh pineapple juice three times a day
- Ginger tea soothes throat inflammation.
- Peppermint leaves are well known for cough their healing properties. Menthol in peppermint soothes the throat and acts as a decongestant, helping to break down mucus Drinking peppermint tea or by inhaling peppermint vapors from a steam bath. To make a steam bath, add 3 or 4 drops of peppermint oil in hot water. Drape a towel over your head, and take deep breaths directly above the water as home remedies for cough
- Drink Half Glass of Grape juice with Pepper will control cough and cold
- Saltwater gargle clears mucus from the throat and reduce cough.