Home remedies for lice – Head lice are teeny tiny parasites that live on the scalp and hair shafts where they dine on blood. Nearly ten million school children are diagnosed with lice each year. Lice can be contracted by coming in contact with an infected person through play, sports, school or wearing clothing of someone who has the parasite.
If you have head itches and you see tiny red bumps on your scalp, it is a pretty good indication that you have head lice. You may have excessive itching, irritation around the head and backside of ears, itching above the neck and a ticklish feeling on scalp and dandruff from constant itching.
How To Get Rid Of Lice Natural method
- Using Listerine to kill lice is one of the cheapest and oldest known home remedies for lice, getting rid of lice. Soak your hair completely in the mouthwash and put a shower cap for about four hours and shampoo as usual and comb.
- Apply Neem Oil over the scalp and leave it for 30 min and wash with shampoo. Neem Oil will kill all lice very effectively
- 2 Tea spoon of fenugreek seed soak on water for 1 hour after 1 hour grind this with coconut mil and 2 tea spoon of lemon juice. Apply this paste on head and hair leave this for 1 hour and wash with shampoo.
- Combination that included coconut oil, anise oil and ylang ylang oil. This mixture was applied for 15 minutes at a time three times at five day intervals. This natural lice treatment was successful in 92.3 percent of the children and caused no serious side effects.
- Take 15-20 drops eucalyptus oil with 2 ounces olive oil. Mix the essential oil with the carrier oil and apply on the scalp and hair. Cover with a shower cap and leave it on overnight. Comb hair in the morning to remove dead lice and then rinse hair as usual